Twitch Poker – Watch the best Poker Live Streams from the biggest poker tournaments in the world
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers and poker players, where you can watch live streams of all major video games, online poker and live poker events or just listen to your favourite music or DJ.
Founded in June 2011 Twitch really started to take off in the end of 2013. In October 2013 Twitch had 45 million unique viewers, while just 5 months later it was already the fourth largest source of Internet traffic in the USA!
On August 25, 2014, Amazon acquired Twitch for a price of $970 million. This was a big surprise as internet giant Google was also among the interested party and favoured to win the race.
According to Forbes magazine Google backed out of the deal due to potential antitrust concerns surrounding it and its existing ownership of YouTube.
The deal was closed on September 25, 2014. The company Take-Two Interactive, which owned a 2% stake at that time, was paid $22 Million by Amazon.
In 2015 Twitch announced that they have more than 100 million visitors per month and 1.7 million people, who are streaming live on one of the several channels.
The other big platform for Poker Live Streams is Youtube that has gained popularity as a streaming platform in the recent months and post great poker videos on a daily basis as well.
The most important Facts and Figures about Twitch:
- In 2018 560 Billion minutes of Twitch were viewed which is a 58% increase compared to 2017
- 2.2 Million daily Twitch streamers generate 15 Million daily views on average
- 41,000 simultaneos Twitch streamers with an average of 1.1 Million viewers
- 150,000 Twitch Affiliates and 27,000 Revenue-sharing Twitch Partners
- 124 Million video clips are stored on Twitch
- Twitch users watch an average of 95 minutes per day
- Fortnite is the most successful Twitch channel in the world accounting for 14% of all views
- The all-time record for the most viewers on Twitch is held by ELEAGUE – CS:GO 2018 with an incredible 1,130,000 viewers. The same event is also in second place for ist 2017 edition with 1,030,000 viewers
- Ninja has by far the most followers on Twitch with 14.7 Million, which is more than double than second place Tfue with 6.85 Million.
- Team PokerStars Pro Lex Veldhuis hosts the biggest Twitch Poker channel with 24,015,117 views and 176,840 followers
- Twitch currently ranks in 29th place in the world according to Alexa’s web ranking
- 81.5% of Twitch users are male
- Approximately 20% of the traffic comes from the USA
- Find the best Twitch Poker Bonus here
It’s very easy. All a streamer needs is a fast computer and internet connection plus a streaming software, such as open source programs like Open Broadcaster Software (OBS).
Then the streamer records his online poker session and broadcasts it with a couple of minutes delay.
The great thing about Twitch poker is that it is interactive. You can not only watch some of the best poker players in the world watch play and analyzing their game for free, but also contact, comment and interact with the streamer via the chatbox.
That means you can get a live poker coaching, and the best thing is, it is completely free of charge!
Nowadays all of the biggest poker tournaments in the world such as the World Series of Poker, Triton Million, EPT or Aussie Millions are streamed live with hole cards on Twitch.tv.
But not only that, as you can also watch and learn from the best online players in the world such as bencb780, Fedor Holz or the No-Limit GG Team, who are streaming their Sunday grinds or the big online tournament series such as WCOOP, SCOOP, Powerfest or partypoker MILLIONS Online live on Twitch.
That means Twitch Poker is not only great entertainment, but also giving you the chance to get free poker coaching.
You can follow your favorite poker pros for free, watch how they play there hands and get great poker strategy tips from them. If you want to support the channel then you can also subscribe for $4.99 a month and get access to special Emojis and private chats.[/vc_column_text]
As stated above the major reason 2019 is simply that it is for free. Poker players don’t have to pay a lot of money for expensive subscriptions of poker schools anymore.
A lot of top players: Fedor Holz, Doug Polk, Lex Veldhuis are now streaming poker live, so you can learn from the best.
On top of that, Twitch originates in eSports and is perfectly suited for live poker videos and live streams from big live events. The Godfather of Twitch Poker, Jason Somerville, now broadcasts the PCA and Aussie Millions live on his Twitch channel.
Thanks to Twitch Poker, nowadays the most important live poker tournaments such as the World Series of Poker, European Poker Tour and even the biggest buy-in of all time the £1,050,000 Triton Million can be all watched live and for free with hole cards.
Last but not least here are the Top 10 Twitch Poker streams and Twitch channels you should follow in 2019:
- Jason Sommerville – „JCarver“
- Lex Veldhuis – “LexVelhuis”
- Parker Talbot – „Tonkaaap“
- bencb789 – “RaiseYourEdge”
- Fedor Holz, Steffen Sonntheimer, Christopher Frank and more – “nolimit_gg”
- Fintan Hand – „EasyWithAces“
- Henri Buehler – „Buehlero“
- Jaime Staples – „PokerStaples“
- Bill Perkins, Ebony Kenney and more – „thirstlounge“
- Fernando Habegger – “JNandezPoker
Twitch Poker Live Streams