Poker Hand of the Week Setup
In our Poker Hand of the Week we analyse the biggest pot of 2022 worth $1,500,000 won by online cash game legend Wiktor “limitless” Malinowski in a massive $2,000/$4,000 cash game at GGPoker.
The Super MILLION$ Week brought the high stakes action and massive NL$2000/$4000 game featuring Wiktor “limitless” Malinowski, Mikita “fish2013” Badziakouski, Marius Gierse and “Katya18” back to the GGNetwork.
Driving the action on that day was an unknown player from Austria named “BIEDERMEIR”. However, he also seemed to be heavily on Tilt and already made some questionable moves before.
The game in play is 6-max NL$2,000/$4,000 and the effective stack sizes at the beginning of the hand are 115 big blinds with Barak Wisbrod having both “limitless and “BIEDERMEIR” clearly covered.
Poker Hand of the Week Action
“BIEDERMEIR” puts the triple straddle on preflop to $32,000! Barak Wisbrod picks up Q♣Q♦ in the small blind. An absolute dream spot with so much dead money out there. He 3bets to $77,000.
There is already a staggering $116,700 in the pot and “limitless” decides to shove All-in for $331,420 with A♥9♥.
When the action comes back to “BIEDERMEIR” he shoves over the top for $555,113 with 6♦6♣ and Barak Wisbrod snap-calls.
Total pot size is an incredible $1,447,347 with $999,960 in the main and $447,387 in the side pot.
After the flop 4♠9♦10♣ Barak Wisbrod is a huge 70% favourite, “limitless” has five outs and 20% odds of winning the hand, while “BIEDERMEIR” is drawing very slim with only two outs and 10%. Pot Size: $1,447,347
Malinowski binks the A♠ on the turn and goes from a big 20% underdog to being a massive 90% favourite.
Barak Wisbrod and “BIEDERMEIR” are both left with only two outs before the river, equalling a mere 5% to win the hand. Pot Size: $1,447,347
The 9♣ is none of their outs and instead Wiktor Malinowski fills up and wins the huge $999,960 main pot, while Barak takes the $447,387 and “BIEDERMEIR” goes bust
Poker Hand of the Week Analysis
Sick 3-way All-in for a $1,447,347 pot given the fact that “limitless” with A9s and “BIEDERMEIR” don’t even have that strong of a hand.
So what let to this huge pot? The reason is quite frankly that “BIEDERMEIR” was obviously steaming heavily after he lost a $1,237,886 pot a few hands before against Barak.
After BIEDERMEIR’s triple straddle and Barak’s raise there were already a significant $116,700 in the middle and Malinowski thought that this is a good spot to steal all this dead money.
Questionable play by “limitless” as “BIEDERMEIR” was All-In pre two hands in a row before and already signalised that he is willing to put it in. Against the calling range of the Austrian, Malinowski is flipping at best and in case he does wake up with a hand like A10 – AK he has him crushed.
On top of that, the smallish 2.4x raise by Barak Wisbrod is actually a sign of strength, because if he would have wanted to win the dead money he would have raised much bigger.
Poker Hand of the Week Conclusion
“Limitless” makes a questionable shove, which aims to steal the dead money in the pot, and ends up getting very lucky by hitting one of his only five outs.
Nevertheless, you have to credit Malinowski for observing that “BIEDERMEIR” was clearly on tilt and All-In pre twice before, so you could argue that A9s is good enough to shove against him.
He forgot about the trappy small raise by Barak Wisbrod though, who got really unlucky having both his opponents crushed, when the money went into the middle.
- View more poker strategy articles here
- View all poker news here
Watch the Poker Hand of the Week from 45:00 here:
Terms and conditions apply. New customer offer and 18+ only. Should you require help regarding your betting pattern, please visit www.begambleaware.org