Daniel Negreanu has revealed his favourite Las Vegas Poker Rooms on the latest DAT Poker Podcast. The discussion was brought on by the Canadian revealing that the Bellagio is now his least favourite place to play in Sin City.
Daniel Negreanu says that the Bellagio was once the “pinnacle” and “place to play” but other rooms have worked hard and improved to offer a much better playing experience.
“…at the very bottom by a wide margin now is Bellagio in terms of amenities, facilities, restaurants, accessibility. The room itself is cramped, it’s loud … and smoky. Not ideal playing at Bellagio.”
An unnamed poker room in London was the worst place he ever played. Low ceilings and everyone smoking was enough to intentionally bust from the tournament and get out of there.
Daniel Negreanu’s favourite Las Vegas Poker Rooms
Here are Daniel Negreanu’s top six places to play poker in Las Vegas.
- PokerGO Studio – “Number one place to play poker in Las Vegas if you can, it’s the experience you want to have, is in the PokerGO Studio. Obviously, this requires higher buy-ins, but it is going to be the best poker-playing experience you’re going to find in Las Vegas by a long shot.”
- Wynn Poker – “The Wynn is crushing in. The Wynn is doing a fantastic job with their tournament series. The facility is great, the tables are spread apart, and the room is really nice.”
- Paris – During World Series of Poker – “Bally’s is a little lower end, but if you played on the Paris side on Day 1s and stuff like that, it’s a very nice place to play.”
- Aria – Home of the famous “Ivey’s Room” where some of the biggest stakes in the world can be seen.
- The Venetian – Incredibly busy poker room with up to 50 tables running in possibly the most luxurious resort in Las Vegas.
- Resorts World – “One that I haven’t played at is Resorts, but I’ve heard amazing reviews. Resorts is supposedly the nuts.”
Negreanu also gave a special mention to the Mirage. The history in this poker room is incredible and is actually where Negreanu started his poker career. It was even immortalised in the classic poker movie Rounders.
“I swear to you I get goosebumps when I walk by it whenever I’m there, which is rare. The Mirage is historic for me. That is where I started. I love the room, the vibe, the dark bit of it. The show would get out and people would come in and play. It is in the centre of the entire casino. The Mirage is very special to my heart.”
- Get the best rakeback deals
- View all poker strategy articles
- View the latest poker news
- Watch more poker videos
- Get the biggest poker bonus
- Watch the best Twitch Poker streamers
Terms and conditions apply. New customer offer and 18+ only. Please gamble responsibly! Should you require help regarding your betting pattern, visit www.begambleaware.org