From tried and trusted credit cards and eWallets to up and coming Cryptocurrencies, there is plenty of payment options available to poker players. But, among those, which are the best online poker payment options?
Well, there is plenty of factors that go into formulating a proper answer to this question as every player has unique needs and preferences when it comes to poker payment methods.
In this article will take a look at the best online payment options and describe the best uses for them.
Characteristics of Good Poker Payment Methods?
There is plenty of things you have to keep in mind when choosing your poker payment method. Your bankroll and quite possibly your poker career rely on your ability to access and manage your funds.
To help you make an informed decision, here are a couple of things to keep in mind when choosing between different poker payment options:
- Your preferred poker payment method should be accepted by most if not all online poker rooms you play in.
- You should have full access and control over your funds on your preferred devices (laptop, desktop and/or mobile).
- The deposit and withdrawal fees vary between different poker payment options and rooms so make sure to use the one with the lowest fees in your preferred rooms.
- If anonymity is important to you, choose a poker payment method that keeps your data private, such as Bitcoin or any other Cryptocurrency.
We have prepared a full breakdown of fees and limits for all poker rooms as well as the best poker bonuses and rakeback deals for the poker sites listed on our Poker Payment page. Be sure to click the button below and check it out!
The Best Online Poker Payment Options
Now that you are armed with the criteria you need to keep in mind when choosing between various poker payment options, let’s look at the most popular poker payment methods individually.
eWallet Poker Payment
eWallets are by far the most popular poker payment option online. With eWallets, the money is transferred from and to your bank from the eWallet provider, not from the online poker room.
All three enable you to pay, send money, and accept payments, all when also earning cashback on all your transactions.
Safety and the speed of transactions are without a doubt the biggest advantages of eWallets. But, keep in mind the transaction fees have been increasing in the recent years.
Credit Card Poker Payment
When talking about any form of payment, we, of course, cannot overlook credit cards. Credit cards have been the primary payment option online for a number of years and they will probably keep that spot in the near future at least.
They are convenient and easy to use as well as extremely secure. Big credit card companies such as Mastercard and Visa invest huge amounts of resources in preventing fraud.
Using credit cards as your primary poker payment options also eliminates the need for third-party providers, which speeds things up. On the other hand, withdrawals can take a bit longer than that is the case with eWallets or cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies Poker Payment
Unless you’ve been completely removed from the online world for a couple of years, you probably know that Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash or Bitcoin Cash are taking over the world.
As payment methods, cryptocurrencies are popular due to their fast anonymous transactions, extremely low fees, and immediate payments.
So it’s no wonder that they are quickly becoming a favorite poker payment method for many players. Even poker rooms are promoting their use by offering special Crypto deposit bonuses and promotions.
Online Banking Services as Poker Payment Methods
With online banking services such as PayPal on the rise, may players look to use those as their primary poker payment methods. Depending on the room and country you are in, the following services are the most popular:
- PayPal – by far the most well know online banking service similar to Skrill or NETTELLER. Unfortunately, not every online poker site accepts PayPal as there are nationality restrictions.
- Paysafecard – Paysafecards are prepaid cards that you can buy at almost any gas station or electronics store. While most online poker rooms accept them as payment, Paysafecards can’t be used for withdrawals.
- Entropay – known for its privacy protection and manageable transaction fees, Entropay is also a go-to choice for many poker players. It’s not accepted by all online poker rooms, however.
Bank Transfer Poker Payment
Bank Transfers are the worlds default payment option. Also known as Bankwire, a bank transfer is an electronic transfer of funds to or from your bank account.
Although they are supposed to be instant, bank transfers take longer than most other poker payment methods. The fees are also well above the norm, so we suggest you stick to other poker payment options mentioned in this article.
Not Quite Sure Which Poker Payment Options Are Best for You?
If you are not yet sure which payment option to choose, we have put together a special Poker Payment page that gives you a detailed view of each payment method for an individual room, as well as lists the best bonuses for each. Check it out below!
Terms and conditions apply. New customer offer and 18+ only. Should you require help regarding your gambling pattern, please visit www.begambleaware.org.