Allen Kessler managed to embarrass himself this week by picking on Jans “Graftekkel” Arends seemingly unaware of the incredible online tournament results of the Dutchman.
Lol you advertise yourself as a HSMTT player/coach.
— Allen Kessler (@AllenKessler) November 8, 2022
Kessler, infamous for his min. cash approach to the game, was pissed off at being KO’ed by Arends in the WSOP Europe 6-max in Rozvadov, berating the Dutchman’s call in his exit hand…
“And out of the 6 max. Loser Euro guy in bb called off more than half his stack pre flop to my sb shove with Q8 off. I said “good call” and got up before board even came out. Really tilting way to bust.”
Arends was quick to hit back with insults of his own, tweeting: “Fifty something year old lowstakes tourney reg with male pattern baldness living off of casino comps, but sure the guy calling Q8 is a loser.”
The “loser Euro guy” Arends plays the highest stakes online and has $millions in online results under his nickname “Graftekkel” and just last month lifted a WSOP Online title and $129k.
That all seemed to be news to Allen Kessler. He also claimed not to trust online results: “I don’t use online results as a comparison. I don’t trust any of it. Sorry if that’s your crutch to fall back on.”
When asked why, he responded: “No proof of who is actually playing or what tools they are using are my two main concerns.”
He then found himself in hot water by claiming that Arends might not be crushing under his own steam…
“Lol so the guy is an online crusher. No proof it’s even him that plays or doesn’t have assistance. Where’s his “high stakes” live results?”
If Arends ever needs a reference for a job, there appear to be dozens who would gladly give him one, Kessler’s “inbox” soon in flames…
Second time I’ve seen you throw subtle (not so subtle) accusations of RTA/ghosting at a pretty well known/respected poker player…cringe would be the nicest term I can use here but disgust is probably a more apt description
— ZetaPoker (@Zeta_Poker) November 8, 2022
- “You really are embarrassing yourself here” – Alex “pwndidi” Theologis.
- “Guess you don’t know that he is literally one of the best highstakes players online in the entire world” – TJ Hayward
- “I don’t know Graftekkel personally but he’s literally one of the online mtts endbosses. The fact you think you’re results are better than his is hilarious.” – Lawrence Vmax
- “Allen, honestly, you are taking the wrong way of this discussion. Trust me.” Joao “ineedmassari” Simao
Allen Kessler isn’t known for backing down even when he is clearly on the wrong side of an argument and it seems there might be a nice wager on its way come the next WSOP.
I play majority mixed schedule. I’d assume you play only the no limits?
— Allen Kessler (@AllenKessler) November 9, 2022
- Get the best rakeback deals
- View all poker strategy articles
- View the latest poker news
- Watch more poker videos
- Get the biggest poker bonus
- Watch the best Twitch Poker streamers
Terms and conditions apply. New customer offer and 18+ only. Please gamble responsibly! Should you require help regarding your betting pattern, visit www.begambleaware.org